Thursday, August 18, 2011

Surprise! I'm going to Africa!

I find myself, continually saying. Surprise, Kelly Jo! You're headed to Africa...that's right AFRICA!

I'm not sure why it seems like a big deal, but it is...At least this trip isn't just merely a trip to Africa, but an opportunity for me to grow more into the woman I know God has fashioned me to be. His plans for me this fall include: spending two months in Mozambique at the Harvest School through Iris Ministries (irismin.org).

I will be attending "field laboring" classes, working among hundreds of children, working in the bush, soaking in the presence of the Lord and exploring more of who He is and who I am in Him.

I have 6 short weeks to get my airfare, visa, read 8 books for classes, raise support, and prep! I will be keeping this blog up to date on this grand adventure God began years ago when I was still a young girl. This opportunity has been a dream of mine since I was ten. Before I knew what Iris Ministries was and life as I know it today. I was given a vision from a young age to participate in such a program/ministry and now the time has come and my ships getting ready to leave port.

Please pray for me that my heart would be prepared for my upcoming time abroad. That I would be a ready vessel for the Lord. For great health, safety, and abundant provision. And praise God that he has a heart for the nations.

If you would like to support me financially, I greatly appreciate your obedience to God, your giving heart, and your desire to journey along with me. It will be a grand ride for us if we continue to be open to all God has for us. Click the donate button below if you are interested in helping send me to Africa.

I need $2,500 by Sept. 1 and an additional 3,000-4,000 by the end of September!
Grace, peace, and joy be with you today!




No comments: