Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ambonese Cuisine: Ikan

Ambon is the land of fresh fish!

I ate ikan (fish) every day in Ambon! My friend lives right off the ocean and the fisherman unload their mornings catch near to her house. I loved to wake up early and watch the fisherman out on the water fishing and then watch as they come in and start selling all sorts of fish.

Unloading the fish...come and get a looksy.


I am not sure what kind of fish these little guys are, but I am pretty sure they resemble herring...which I have only used for bait in the past, catching nummy salmon...however, I actually really like these fish...I think I like pretty much any fish. 


More fish and traditional Ambonese food there is mixed vegetable and jack fruit in the large bowl and sweet/hot sambal for the fish in the other bowl. 


1 comment:

Beatrice said...

Hey KJ!!

Thanks for the pictures of the fish ;) I love those kinda fish, it's sooo good when they're fried =) I hope you're enjoying your time in Indonesia, and I can't wait to see you soon!!!

Love, Beatrice